Parafia Gora Sw. Marcina
Saint Martin's Mountain, at the southern end of Tarnow, rises more than 300 feet above the city. This is the spot where Tarnow's earliest permanent settlers erected stone walls in 850-1000 A.D. later followed by stone fortifications built by a local nobleman. Since 1326, a parish church has served the local inhabitants. It was replaced in the 15th Century by the current structure.
In the late 19th Century, all of the villages of Sw. Marcina Parish were in the Tarnow administrative district and Tarnow township (gmina). At that time, Budy had 2 homes and 6 residents, Stawy had 3 homes and 20 residents, Tarnowiec had 54 homes and 314 residents, and Tarnowiecki Wolka had 12 homes and 80 residents. Jewish residents worshipped at Tarnow.
|Parafia Sw. Marcina, 1900r:|
- Tarnowiecki Wolka?
7:00, 10:00, 16:00
|Sw. Marcina B|
Tel: (0-14) 679-55-05
The Parish Church of Saint Martin, Bishop
Photos by Dick Slowik, 2008
Dennis Benarz, Chicagoland USA 2008