Tel: (0-13) 439 10 12
Church of the Assumption of the BVM|
Haczow Parish was established in 1388 and is part of the Archdiocese of Przemysl. The existing wooden church was built in the 14th Century and is a priceless treasure. Adjacent to the old church is the newer Sanktuarium Matki Bozej Bolesnej.
In 1890, Haczow was
in the Brzozow administrative district and Brzozow township (gmina). Jewish
residents worshipped in Jasienica while Greek Catholic residents worshipped in Besko.
The Church of the Assumption in Haczow is listed by UNESCO as a world cultural landmark.
Dennis Benarz, Chicagoland USA 2005