|Parafia Wadowice Gorne, 1900r:|
- Wadowice Dolne
- Wadowice Gorne
- Wola Wadowska
7:30, 9:00, 10:30, 15:00
39-308 Wadowice Gorne 134
Tel: (0-14) 66-69-691
|The first known written document that mentions Wadowice Gorne is dated 1386 and describes it as part of Ksiaznice Parish. Through the efforts of castellan Stanislaw Tarnowski in 1530, it eventually became an independent parish. Today the parish maintains its main church in Wadowice Gorne plus an auxiliary chapel in Wampierzow. Wadowice Dolne became an independent parish in 1911.
In 1900, Wadowice Gorne and its neighboring villages were in the Mielec administrative district and Radomysl township (gmina). Jewish residents of these villages worshipped at Radomysl Wielki. There were no Greek Catholic residents recorded.
Contributors: Peter Gwozdz, Grzegorz Wegrzyn, and Miroslaw Wnuk
Music: Chopin, Opus 70 #3
Dennis Benarz, Chicagoland USA