- Kleczany (part)
7:00, 8:30, 10:00, 11:30
6:30, 7:00, 17:00, 18:00
ul. Kazimierz Wlk. 2
Ks. Wladyslaw Kret, proboszcz
Ks. Zbigniew Palka
Ks. Krzysztof Szopa
Tel: (0-13) 447 10 17
Email: Not available
Settlement in Biecz began in the 10th Century and a monastery was established there in 1243. The parish was founded in the 14th Century and a church dedicated to St. Peter the Apostle was built. The current church was constructed in the 15th Century and its hospital was built in 1421.
In 1900, Biecz Parish and its villages were
in the Gorlice administrative district and Biecz township (gmina). Jewish
residents of Biecz, Korczyna, and Strzeszyn worshipped in Biecz while those of Kleczany and Kwiatonowice worshipped in Gorlice. There were no Greek Catholic residents.
Most photos by Wojtek Balos
Dennis Benarz, Chicagoland USA 2005