is located in southeast Poland adjacent to the city of Debica in the
province of Podkarpackie. The parish was founded circa 1275 and was part
of the Deanery of Debica in 1328. At one time, the parish had its own
school, hospital, college, plus an auxiliary chapel in Glowaczowa. The
wooden church dedicated as Narodzenia Najswietszej Marji
Panny lasted from 1511 to 1945. In 1800,
the parish was diagonal in shape running along the northwest side of the
Wisloka River, roughly ten miles long and four miles wide.
Straszecin colorfully translated is Creepy
local economy of the area has always been based on its forests, raising
animals, and agriculture. At the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th
Century its chief export was immigrants because the area had become
overpopulated and economic opportunities were
Russian Army burned the original church building, and all its precious
records, in 1945. This is a North American perspective of our family
parish as it existed when we left home and it has become today.